Sunday, February 14, 2010

Guess I'll wait a few more days for my glasses

On Friday, I was passing by the optometrist where I'd ordered eye glasses a couple of weeks earlier, so I thought I'd stop be to see if they were in yet.
me - "I'd like to see if my glasses have come in yet"
her - "It takes 7 - 10 business days, but I'll check"
she goes to the back for a few minutes and comes back - "No they're not here"
she checks on her computer - "the order was sent in on February 1, today is February 12, so they should be in next week"
me - "oh, ok, I was just passing by and thought I'd check"
I went home and half an hour later the phone rings - "Hi, this is ___Vision, your glasses are in"
It was then that I remembered when I was in the store leaning on the counter, my elbow was touching a small brown box just about the size to hold a pair of glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment